Herringbone and Chevron are two classic styles of parquetry floors. Although these patterns are often misinterpreted as the same, the two have visible differences. The cutting and arrangement of the planks create a visual distinction. The beautiful flooring pattern requires maintenance once in a while to keep its lustrous shine. Timber floor maintenance includes sanding and polishing annually.
FEATURES OF HERRINGBONE PATTERN
The Herringbone name originates from the ‘HERRING’ fish skeleton. The arrangement of timber floorboards in a Herringbone pattern resembles the herring fishbones. The ancient Roman Empire had roads and pavements built in a Herringbone pattern. The interlocking patterns absorb heavy traffic loads and can withstand extreme weather changes. The studies have confirmed that the Herringbone pattern is as good with wood planks as with stones.
FEATURES OF CHEVRON PATTERN
The chevron pattern, on the other hand, creates a distinctive ‘V’ shape pattern. There is a fine boundary line between planks. Through this arrangement, a narrow space looks more spacious and brighter. Chevron flooring is suitable for both residential areas and commercial settings. It gives luxury and sophistication by creating an appealing look.
Differences Between Herringbone and Chevron Pattern Timber Floors
The remarkable differences between the two patterns are as follows:
- Rectangular planks cut at 90º angle.
- A traditional style parquetry pattern.
- The planks create a broken Zig zag pattern when the ends of the planks meet at the top.
- This pattern is sturdy and resilient. It can last a lifetime with proper maintenance.
- The arrangement of the planks gives a wider and brighter feel to the room.
- Adjustable length and width ratio allows you to choose the pattern of your desired dimensions.
- Wooden planks of different colors and hues make the floor unique and appealing.
- Edges of the planks are cut at a 45º angle.
- Planks form a characteristic V pattern when the edges of the planks meet.
- The floor looks like running arrows.
- Planks are narrower and shorter than planks commonly used for timber floors.
- Cuts are made with extreme precision and specification to give the characteristic ‘V’ shape pattern.
- Chevron flooring is well known for unparalleled sturdiness and endurance.
There are certain limitations in the installation of Herringbone or Chevron pattern flooring.
- Left-over wood: The precise cutting of individual wood planks creates a lot of waste.
- Expensive process: This type of flooring is a complex procedure. It requires the services of skillful labor to carry out the process professionally. Furthermore, the diagonal cutting of the planks requires tools for measurement and cutting. This leads to an increase in the cost of flooring.
- Difficult maintenance: The maintenance of the parquetry floor is an arduous job. The sanding is done in the direction of the grains. A skillful professional team carries out floor maintenance well.
Budget floor sanding comprises a professional team for timber floor sanding and polishing.
We put our best efforts into providing 100 % results. Re-sanding timber floors is an excellent way to refresh and utilize the classic timber feature. Polished timber floors are a home’s most striking feature- timeless, stylish, and low maintenance as well.
Budget Floor Sanding is amongst the best professional floor sanders in Brisbane. Call us now to get a free quote at 0418 882 678.